Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Blueberry Muffins

Blueberry Muffins by Cheng and 3 Kids

If you have school-age kids then you know exactly how I feel in the morning. Our daily routine in the mornings --- breakfast making, lunch boxes, making sure kids are awake, taking turns in the bathroom (we live in a one bathroom house), walking with my first grader to school --- can be a little hectic. So would you blame me if I really love weekends? Or in this case, fall break?

And what better way to enjoy these not-so-crazy mornings than with a cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin. I adapted this recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book and they turned out great! Moist and not too sweet. Hmmm... Maybe I should have made more. But before I do that let me share the recipe with you. So here it is.


BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease twelve 2-1/2 inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups. Set Aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Set aside.
  2. In another bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should not be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
  3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full. If desired, sprinkle sparkling white sugar over muffin batter in cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes.Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.
This post was featured at:


Get Inspired With Us Pinning Party!


I linked this post to these wonderful parties:

8 comments:

  1. Well, thanks for this! I have to bake muffins for a group of 20 people and take their photos professionally, but that is another story. So I'm the baking photographer right now. Totally borrowing this recipe - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you can use this recipe Tamara! Let me know how it turns out.

      Delete
  2. Yum!!!! They ook fantastic, so my oven is broken and I can't bake at present, feel free to deliver a batch ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to send you some Mel! I hope you're oven gets fixed soon!

      Delete
  3. These look so yum and there is really nothing better than fresh baked muffins :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aiza! Fresh baked muffins are the best!

      Delete
  4. yep..mornings are nutty here too :) Muffins are a great, quick, breakfast and these looks delicious!
    Thanks for sharing at Share Your Stuff Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are Erin! Thank you for hosting the party!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment! (^_^)